At Cerenity Senior Care – White Bear Lake, our priority is the health, wellness and safety of our residents and employees. We are in very close communications with the Benedictine COVID-19 Task Force and our state and local health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the spread of the virus.
What is the status of COVID-19 in the community?
As of June 8, we have had no additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 on our campus. To date, none of our residents have tested positive for the virus. The one employee who tested positive on May 26 has recovered. We continue our efforts to monitor all our residents and staff for signs and symptoms of the virus.
Since March, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus has been:
- Monitoring and screening residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature and oxygen levels.
- Providing all residents with masks to use when our associates are in their rooms or when they leave their room.
- Screening staff prior to beginning work and upon leaving for symptoms. Employees are not allowed in the building if they are ill. Any employee who exhibits symptoms is instructed to self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Encouraging health care providers to use telehealth when possible. This follows social distancing advice from the CDC.
- Restricting visitors to only essential health care services and compassionate care situations such as end of life. Even those visitors must be screened and free of symptoms before they are allowed to enter with protective precautions in place.
- Implementing enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building.
We encourage loved ones to keep in touch via phone, mail, email or video chat.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.
Please check our COVID-19 hotline at 952-356-1436 for the latest update.